Sir David Attenborough

 Hello everybody my first post is going to be dedicated to the living legend, the one and only Sir David Attenborough. Sir David is 94 years old and is still devoting his life for the natural world. After serving in the Navy, he went to the BBC to present shows about the wildlife. These shows have captivated audiences young and old over decades. 

The documentaries make me feel happy, as they show you all these exciting creatures around the world and how they live; otherwise you would not see these cool creatures. I also feel unhappy, because sometimes they show how humans have destroyed animal habitats and the rainforests around the world.

Did you know there are ten plants and animals that have been named after Sir David. The British Antarctic Survey built a new ship to patrol the polar waters, they named that after him too!

The latest documentary I watched is, A Life On Our Planet: My Witness Statement and a Vison For The Future. You should watch the documentary and see with your own eyes what is happening in the world. The devastation that is being caused made me cry, seeing all the wildlife being destroyed. The evilness that some humans have is very upsetting, but is all true. Why have some people done all these things to damage the Earth? By damaging the Earth, they are damaging themselves and our future.

Sir David has inspired me to make a change and help the world to recover it's wild side.

After watching the documentary, I emailed my headmaster Mr Honey about what we could do to make our school an Eco-School. I prepared a PowerPoint of ideas and sent it to Sir David for his thoughts. When I received a letter from him, I felt SO happy and SO grateful that he took time to write to me. I am now working with the school to make some changes to benefit our environment.

My request this week is everyone should watch A Life On Our Planet. If you make time and see the documentary, this may inspire you to do something. If we all make a little change, this can lead to a big change. We all can make little changes because there is nothing stopping us! 

The last thing is I want to say on this post is we all have a responsibility for this world.