#EcoLockdown Challenge - Week 1



Week 1 - 1st to 7th Feb - Food, Farming and Forests

ChallengeGo meat free one day this week! 

Reducing the amount of meat we eat is good for the planet. The challenge this week is to for one day this week go meat free. If you are already a vegetarian you could try eating vegan food for a day. If you can do more than one day that will be great! Maybe you could do one day every week going forward?

 

If you read my post on my blog dated 22nd November 2020 this will highlight how important it is to try and be 'Meat Free'


Linda McCartney Foods - Home and Vegetarian & Vegan Products, Meat Free Recipes & News | Quorn do yummy meat alternatives. You can get these foods in most shops. Most supermarkets now do their own 'Plant Based Range' I have listed some links for ideas; 


Vegan and vegetarian - Veganuary - Tesco Groceries 

Asda launches first vegan plant-based range with 48 new products

Plant Kitchen | M&S (marksandspencer.com)

Vegan Food | Waitrose & Partners

Vegetarian diet | Waitrose

Vegan: Morrisons Shop


If you check their websites out you will find different recipes, which also may inspire you to create your own!


Vegan and vegetarian meals have a lower carbon footprint. Not only would it help the environment but it can also lead to a better health and lifestyle for you. 


Upload pictures of yourself, family and friends taking part in this challenge, with the help of an adult if your under 18 years old to #EcoLockdown on the social media sites. You can also tag me into the pictures @ecoshaan #ecoshaan to see what you've been eating, any recipes you may wish to share and to inspire others!


You can also get more information on Transform Our World: #EcoLockdown (transform-our-world.org) 


My momager (mom) will be posting pictures on my blog, Twitter and Instagram of me, my brother Roshan and my cousins Zara and Saajan trying this challenge out this week!! 


I have also informed my school and friends about #EcoLockdown Challenge and asked them to join in.


Share my blog link Shaan's Eco World and details about #EcoLockdown with anyone you think may be interested.


Support the planet by doing this challenge and possibly changing what you eat permanently going forward! The challenge is for everyone adults and children!!